Social Media Marketing – It Starts with a Plan
Here is a blog post for everyone at the EVA (and others too!). It is on social media marketing and was presented at the EVA Lunch & Learn on March 25th. The Prezi (a presentation), at the bottom of this post, is the Prezi used at the EVA Lunch & Learn and here is a summary of what is in the Prezi.
Do some up front research . . .
- Know your audience
- Know what you want to be to your audience
- Determine what your audience wants
- Determine what your audience needs
- Understand where they spend their time (facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest . . .)
- Know what problems your audience is trying to solve
- Define how you can (will) add value
Define your plan . . .
- Define specific goals and objectives
- Determine your measurement system
- Define goals that push you but that are attainable
- Make sure your goals are time bound
Your strategies must be connected with your business objectives and resources.
Social Media Marketing is a new marketing model.
This new model requires you to learn how to:
- Add Value (delight!)
It is important to build up a body of delightful and high-value content in your center of content (your website and blog).
You need to do the work to gain views, likes, shares and to start conversations.
There are 2 delightful (of course!) and insightful (yeah!) videos in this Prizi.