The 10 Great Reasons to Be Set Up in Google My Business
Google My Business – The Why
Don’t miss out on the advantages. Here is my top ten reasons to set up your business in Google My Business.
- It’s free. Yes, it’s completely free!
- It serves as the ultimate business directory with pertinent business information accessible to customers instantly. Keep in mind that the historic Yellow Pages are dead – dead as can be. Even though the Yellow Pages have made an effort to move online they are no match for Google.
- All of the information you list is clickable. Customers can click your phone number to call on their smartphones, or tap your website address to see your site.
- The information looks great on any device, including smartphones. Google has made a major effort to support the mobile crowd which is a significantly large part (over 50%) of the Internet crowd.
- Both local and online businesses can use it.
- You can post pictures and videos to your page and set up a map.
- You can access metrics to see how many people are looking for and finding your site.
- It drives traffic to your website.
- Customers can read and add reviews. Reviews need to be part of your market mix and this is a very good way to have your reviews displayed.
- You have one centralized dashboard with access to Google+, Insights, Reviews, Hangouts and Google Analytics.
Moreover, it appears that Google favors businesses that have been set up in Google My Business in the search results over those that are not. If your competitors are nicely set up and you are not then you are putting your business at a disadvantage.
Here is a short video that outlines the steps. It is a video with the example of a hair salon that specializes in Santa Haircuts – how cute! Now that’s a niche specialization!