The Expansion of the Internet
It is already huge and getting bigger all the time.
The Internet is a big place and it is getting bigger – an expanding universe of content. It is vast and has tools, information and entertainment for any taste or fancy. The Internet also allows us to connect and engage with others in our various communities. For example, let’s say we are very fond of donuts and want to connect with other dedicated fans of donuts.
The Internet offers the following ways to connect (just to name a few):
- Your Blog: I am a (self-proclaimed) authority on donuts
- Twitter: I’m eating a #donut
- Facebook: I like donuts
- Flicker: Over 1 billion photos of donuts
- Foursquare: This is where I eat donuts
- YouTube: Here is my cat eating a donut
- LinkedIn: I am good a eating donuts
- Pinterest: Here is a recipe for my favorite donut
- G+: I work for Google and eat donuts
OK – a bit of humor but let’s now look at two significant factors that are going to make the Internet even more valuable and more sweeping.